Looking for a light and easy addition to your holiday table? This salad comes together fast as can be, but it is packed with flavor thanks to our Gourmet Flavor Kit. It is amazing to see how our unique blend of spices and fresh herbs can completely transform a salad from boring to stunning in no time at all!
- 8 oz mixed greens, washed and hand-torn
- Seeds from one medium pomegranate
- 1 large or 2 medium Bartlett pears, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Poultry Gourmet Flavor Kit (OR one packet Spice Blend 1 + 2 Tbs fresh chopped herbs)
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, mustard, salt, and the contents of the spice packet. Rinse the fresh herbs contained in the Flavor Kit and allow them to dry. Once dry, chop the herbs finely and add them to the dressing.
In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients. Toss evenly with dressing and serve. Dressing can be made up to a day in advance and refrigerated but should not be added to the salad until just prior to serving.