Superfood chips? Yes please! Kale, aka the king of superfoods, has a whole list of nutritional benefits:
- Low calorie (one cup only has 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 0 fat!)
- High in iron
- High in vitamins A, K & C
- High in antioxidants like carotenoids and flavonoids which help fight against cancer!
The trick to kale chips is to make sure your kale is 100% dried before you cook them. After washing, use a salad spinner and let sit to dry on paper towels. *G2Tip* Break out the hairdryer on cool setting for faster drying!
• 1 packet of Spice Blend 1: All Purpose
• 1 bunch of kale, washed and dried completely
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 tsp kosher salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300º. Remove the center stems and either tear or cut up the leaves.
2. Toss the kale and olive oil together in a large bowl; sprinkle with salt and Spice Blend 1. Spread on a baking sheet (or two, depending on the amount of kale)
3. Bake at 300º for 15 minutes or until crisp.