- 1 packet of Spice Blend 2: Spicy All Purpose
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange or lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
1. Thinly slice garlic and in a small saucepan cook in oil over moderately low heat until it just begins to turn golden.
2. Remove pan from heat and with a slotted spoon discard garlic.
3. Stir remaining ingredients into oil in pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cool marinade and use with desired dish. (Pictured here with shrimp).