Hosting Mother’s Day brunch and not sure what to serve? Ground 2 Table to the rescue! We’ve put together some simple recipes to get you on your way to a full course meal fit to impress any mom. Plus we’ve bundled all the blends you’ll need together for a special discount! Get the bundle here.
- 1 packet of Spice Blend 2: Spicy All Purpose
- 1 14-ounce block extra-firm tofu (or 10 eggs beaten)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4-6 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- Garnishes: salsa, chopped avocado, grated cheddar, sliced scallions, and hot pepper sauce (optional)
(Skip steps 1 & 2 if using eggs)
- Place tofu on a plate lined with several layers of paper towels (to absorb liquid). Squeeze out as much excess water as possible.
- Crush tofu into about 1 inch pieces using hands or fork (additional crumbling will happen in cooking process).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in Spice Blend 2 until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tofu or eggs.
- Add beans; cook, stirring often, until heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve scramble with tortillas and garnishes, as desired.
Coconut Muffins (gluten-free)
- 1 packet of Spice Blend 12: Cinnamon & Spice
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- chocolate chips, or dried berries or nut of your choice! (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients (leave off the chocolate chips for now) and set aside
3. Beat the eggs and mix in the oil, honey and vanilla
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well
4. Let sit for 3-5 min then add chocolate chips/berries/nuts
5. Scoop the batter into the muffin pan (fill 3/4)
6. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are browned
- 1 packet of Spice Blend 1: All Purpose
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/4 green onion, chopped
- 6 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tsps salt
- 4 tbsps parmesan cheese
1. Slice potatoes into very thin slices (1/4 inch).
2. Toss potatoes with olive oil, onions, Spice Blend 1 and salt in a ziplock bag to coat.
3. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil.
4. Bake at 450º for 15 -20 minutes, until lightly brown.
5. Top with parmesan cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- 1-2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 packet of Spice Blend 5: Salsa
- 4-6 slices of whole grain toast
Mash avocados and mix in Spice Blend 5. Spread on toast! Leftovers? You now have homemade guacamole for snack time later!
Don’t forget to serve up with fresh fruit and mimosas!
Happy Mother’s Day to moms everywhere!