- 1 packet of Spice Blend 4: Mesquite BBQ
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps butter
- ½ cup popcorn kernels (or 2 microwave packets)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
1. If using microwave popcorn perform step 1, pop popcorn and place in a bowl and then skip to step 6.
2. In a small bowl mix spice blend 4 with salt and sugar.
3. Heat the olive oil in a medium pot for 30 seconds.
4. Add popcorn kernels and 1 tbsp butter to pot and cover. Hold lid tightly.
5. As the kernels start to pop, shake the pot back and forth to promote even popping.
6. Once 95% of the kernels have popped remove pot from heat and pour popcorn into a large bowl.
7. In same pot, melt the remaining tbsp of butter over low heat and drizzle over the popcorn.
8. Sprinkle spices, salt and sugar evenly over popcorn and toss with a spatula.
9. Pour popcorn back into pot and mix around for 30 seconds so that the sugar melts a bit.
10. Pour back into bowl and enjoy!